Sunday, May 23, 2010

The American Mussolini

I have many times seen the president purse his lips and put on a serious frown. The first time I saw it I immediately had visions of photos of Benito Mussolini. I swear, President Obama doe a great Mussolini impersonation, and he does it often. Most recently was at yesterdays graduation ceremony at the Military Academy at West Point. Like I said, I have seen this expression from the president many many times, and I usually just shake my head and chuckle to myself. A personal observation not worth sharing with anyone else. I despise the Saul Alinsky strategy, and regular tactic by the far left to denigrate their philosophical opponents with shallow epithets and derision of looks or speech. The type of thing typified by Bush hatred and anti Sarah Palin bile.

But, after yesterdays visual reminder of my shallow observation about the likeness and style between Mussolini and 'The One', I pondered about other similarities. This country has gone in a very Obama direction since I first observed the physical likenesses. Now I would like to observe their philosophical likenesses.








corporatism
Italian corporativismo, also called corporativism
the theory and practice of organizing society into “corporations” subordinate to the state. According to corporatist theory, workers and employers would be organized into industrial and professional corporations serving as organs of political representation and controlling to a large extent the persons and activities within their jurisdiction. However, as the “corporate state” was put into effect in fascist Italy between World Wars I and II, it reflected the will of the country’s dictator, Benito Mussolini, rather than the adjusted interests of economic groups.
You mean like taking control of the American auto industry? You mean like taking control of the medical insurance industry? You mean like taking control of Wall Street?

I think there are more than a few shallow comparisons between Obama and Mussolini. Strong and big government control. Political control of markets and economy. And maybe even a movement that reflects the will of the leader rather than the adjusted interests of economic groups?
blog comments powered by Disqus