Tuesday, May 12, 2009

White House Correspondents Dinners

There still seems to be a little bit of buzz and chatter about the White House Correspondents Dinner so I thought I would chime in. Clearly I am late to the party here, but I was conflicted in my initial reactions.

Immediately, I heard some mean spirited hate speech, and the conceited holier than thou rhertoric you have come to expect. This blog articulates my early raw thoughts pretty well.

Right, Wing-Nut!: Obama's "Humor": Mean-Spirited, With a Dash of Hate

But then I thought, hey, these are supposed to be comedy roast like events, or at least that is what they have evolved into. Then I wondered, "but how far has it gone in the past?".

You decide for your self. Below are some links to the 2008 White House Correspondents Dinner and the 2009 White House Correspondents Dinner.

The 2008 is really funny and worth a watch if you don't remember it. And for the Bush haters, there is even a hysterical Bush being Bush moment. Something everyone can laugh at.

2008 White House Correspondents Dinner
part 1
part 2
part 3

2009 White House Correspondents Dinner

Part 1
Part 2

I think 2008 was less mean spirited and even more cerebral..ok ok the Hilary drinking water thing was a little sophomoric.

I'm still on the fence on this one. Free speach is free speach. We don't have to like it though. Tell me what you think. Leave a comment and make yourself heard!
blog comments powered by Disqus