Friday, May 22, 2009

Terror debate: Obamumiser and Securitymiser duke it out.


Thank god that after Obama came out and apologized to the terrorists for their rough treatment, former Vice-President Cheney came out and reminded America of some cause and effect historical facts.

Since 1993, marked by Al Queda's first attempt to blow up the World Trade Center, terrorist have been striking western targets, killing innocent civilians, flying unsuspecting citizens into sky scrapers, cutting the heads off of anyone they think noteworthy.

Until after 9/11. Since then, thanks to the simulated sensation of drowning the ability of Al Queda to plan and execute attacks with the same sort of impunity has been drastically reduced.

As far as this debate goes, I can't help but make another reference to the movie a few good men.
Judge Randolph: You *don’t* have to answer that question!
Col. Jessep: I'll answer the question!
[to Kaffee]
Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I'm entitled.
Col. Jessep: *You want answers?*
Kaffee: *I want the truth!*
Col. Jessep: *You can’t handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?
Col. Jessep: I did the job I...
Kaffee: *Did you order the Code Red?*
Col. Jessep: *You’re Goddamned right I did!*
The thought that the people who had been attacking us constantly up until the time we began waterboarding will be less likely to attack us when we stop waterboarding, even though we weren't waterboarding during the time frame they were attacking us with impunity is preposterous! And it's making me dizzy. I guess that's why they call it spin.


Al-Qaida timeline: Plots and attacks

blog comments powered by Disqus